I am honoured to have been nominated for Blog of the Year Award 2012 from Geniaus for my My Diary of an Australian Genealogist blog. Jill wrote that she read the Diary for the ‘news, views and a slice of life’ which is a nice way of saying that sometimes it’s not always genealogy related. My change of abode (in 2 weeks time) and a more settled lifestyle should see a return to more genealogy time in 2013 (I hope) but the Diary will always include my travels as getting out there and seeing where our ancestors lived can sometimes help us to know them better.
I’m grateful that Jill and others enjoy reading the Diary and this recognition makes it all worthwhile when I sit there thinking what to write about next. Thank you Jill for the nomination, it is most appreciated.
Geniaus (aka Jill) nominated some of my favourite Aussie blogs along with a UK and a US blog. You can see the f
ull list here
Nominating blogs for this award is difficult as there are so many fabulous ones out there in the blogisphere. My five nominations for today are:
Lone Tester HQ - Alona Tester – for her family history through the alphabet challenge which inspired many to tell their family stories
From Helen V Smith’s Keyboard – Helen Smith – really interesting stories about her family through participating in various blog challenges throughout the year
Inside History Magazine – Cassie Mercer – for their news, great competition prizes and blogs on their weekly Facebook Q&A sessions
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. If you choose, you can now join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars… For further information on collecting stars, just click on the link provided in Rule 3.