Posted | 0 Comments
My 2011 Genealogy Aspirations
It has taken me a little while to finally decide on what I want to focus on in 2011. My review of my 2010 aspirations made me realise I was really trying to do too much in too many areas. The five key areas I have decided on are:
1. Write up my mother’s Price family history, including photographs and other illustrations in time for her 77th birthday
2. Learn more about DNA from a genealogy perspective and investigate my own DNA
3. Learn more about my Cornish ancestors – I already know the basics from parish registers and census records but not the history and culture of Cornwall
4. Continue to scan photographs and documents so that I have digital copies as well as original copies and maintain a backup regime for both
5. Conserve and preserve family heirlooms I have collected ensuring they are boxed and stored appropriately
Although there are only five items on the list, there is a lot of work that needs to be done for all five so I still need to be focussed to achieve these goals. Hopefully during the year I will also progress other areas of my family history as new information comes online, new indexes are made available or long lost relatives make contact.
2011 is going to be a great year for genealogy!